Klaus Klemp, Dr. phil. (born in 1954), studied Design / Visual Communication and received a degree in Design. He then studied History of Art. From 1988 to 2006 he was in charge of the City of Frankfurt am Main’s culture department. He also headed up two municipal galleries; from 2006 to 2012 he was head of exhibitions and from 2013 to 2014 deputy director at Museum of Applied Art Frankfurt; since 1998 he has been a lecturer in Design History, Design Theory and Public Design at several universities; since 2008 Adjunct Professor at Hochschule in Wiesbaden; from 1995 to 2005 a member of the Executive Board at the German Design Council, since 2010 a member of the Board of Management at the “Dieter and Ingeborg Rams Foundation” and a member of the Advisory Board at German Design History Society. Since the winter semester of 2014 he has been full time Professor of Design Theory and History of Design at HfG Offenbach (school of design) whilst remaining Head of Design Department of Museum Angewandte Kunst in Frankfurt.